Welcome to the Tea Party!

Good afternoon, I'm Fifi da Poodle, and I'll be mother.
This is where I store my drawings and poetry and all that artistic stuff, disguising them as scones and sandwiches.
I hope you'll find something of interest here, and feel free to approve or disapprove of things you've tasted.
And last but not least, feel free to join the High Tea for more talk and less art.

Take your time, we have eternity.

Tea and biscuits

vrijdag 15 mei 2009

I have the tendency of putting personal poems where they won't be read by the one they're for. I guess the reason is self-explainatory.

---

I hope you have time to listen,
'cause there’s something I need to say
This isn’t an obligation,
you’re free to turn away
So hate me, disappoint me
but please do not avoid me
We need to face the fact that you threw me away

I have kept my distance
I've let the time erase you
untill there was nothing left
but a person I once knew
I have shut the eyes
that once searched for perfection
'till all that's left for me to see
was my own reflection
I even hid away my feelings
and forgot my memories
but the feelings of loneliness I once had
are still not dead to me

I tried to be one of the loudest voices
while drinking beer and making wrong choices
All I had was not enough to hold on to
I lost my sanity, and I lost you

I also lost my innocence,
but I still was immature
You told me you loved me
but I needed to be sure
I envied you for your white skin
and all the clothes you wore
My existance was nothing next to yours
I felt like such a bore

The more walls that came between us,
the more I needed you near
disgracing myself with every word,
I screamed for you to hear
But instead of listening, you slowly turned away
I felt so emberrassed that I went to do the same
I don’t want to remember
forgetting is what I prefer
Just know that in my thoughts you’ll stay
the perfect friend you were

Now I don’t know if I should thank you
or apologise or say goodbye
Maybe you won’t ever forgive me
maybe you would try
I guess my behaviour was sickening
but I hope someday you’ll see
That the ignorant, disgraceful little thing,
wasn’t really me
I just wish I had kept my dignity
and swallowed my rotten pride
'Cause I'm sure without the jealousy
I could've kept you by my side
And who knows, someday I’ll even prove
my heart is honest again
So please stick around, ‘cause when I do,
I need you to be my friend

~ Aviva

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

The Birdcage

The Birdcage
My latest drawing

Poodle and Cat

Poodle and Cat
One of my drawings