Welcome to the Tea Party!

Good afternoon, I'm Fifi da Poodle, and I'll be mother.
This is where I store my drawings and poetry and all that artistic stuff, disguising them as scones and sandwiches.
I hope you'll find something of interest here, and feel free to approve or disapprove of things you've tasted.
And last but not least, feel free to join the High Tea for more talk and less art.

Take your time, we have eternity.

Tea and biscuits

zondag 25 januari 2009

Rosemarie

Dear guests, I have a story to tell... and this time, it's not about me.
This poem is about a beautiful young woman named Rosemarie (with the stress(?) on the o and the ie), but I'll leave her to your imagination. Every man in the country desires her hand, but she turns them all down. People think she's cold-hearted, not capable of loving another. But there's one of her girlfriends who seems to know what's really the matter. She knows deep inside, Rosemarie knows it too, but is too afraid to admit. I'll leave the rest to your own imagination.
Don't take it too seriously, by the way. I meant it to be a tad silly.

---

Rosemarie, Rosemarie
so lovely under the love tree
Enjoy some of the finest tea
it's you and me and the wide open sea
Can't you see, oh Rosemarie
how true our love can be?

For all this time, you've been incomplete
Your cold heart, so softly it beats
With just one kiss, this I guarantee,
I'll set your heart free

Rosemarie, Rosemarie
so lovely in the moonlit scenery
Enjoy the finest tea with me,
sitting by the wide open sea
Do you see, oh Rosemarie
how true our love can be?

They say you're cold, but they're much colder
You're slowly fading as you grow older
Don't take kindly to their words untrue
You'll find love in another point of view
Don't be afraid, just give in
why would true love be a sin?
No matter what they say or do,
I love you, and you know you love me too

Rosemarie, Rosemarie
left me under the love tree
muttering about an insanity plea
It's such a shame she disagrees,
my beautiful lady Rosemarie
Deep inside, she longs for me
Someday, somewhere, somehow she'll see
Rosemarie, oh sweet Rosemarie
...she drank all of my tea.

~Aviva Creations

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

The Birdcage

The Birdcage
My latest drawing

Poodle and Cat

Poodle and Cat
One of my drawings